Friday, October 23, 2009

Amish Puzzle Ball: An Exploration Into Crafting!

So i stumbled across the instructions to craft an Amish Puzzle Ball through bing search and thought i'd give it a try.

First, I found a pillow and pillow case that i wanted to repurpose for this craft. I figure turning a pillow into a pillow was, us, fitting. Then i had to enlarge the template to the size i wanted. I wanted this ball to be HUGE so we could use it as a "hide-a-toy" type game piece.

Here's the 36 pieces cut and organized into the sets that would be sewn together. It doesn't look like much but it took me half an hour to decide how i would group my uneven pieces together.

So, here is where i have all the pieces sewn into triangles, stuffed, hand stitched closed and have started sewing the individual triangles into sets of 3. I'm not the best at keeping up with taking photos of each step. Our camera is a battery vampire and it gets kinda hectic around here sometimes so i just snap pictures whenever i can. hehe

And the finished product! As you can see, by comparison with the boppy pillow, the thing is very big! lol and it looks somewhat similar to the one i nthe instructions printed out beside it, so that's a plus. Next time, i'll stuff them a lot fuller. I'm really proud. I'm not a crafty person but this was fun. Now, for Maggie to enjoy it!
<3

1 comment:

  1. I love your amish puzzle ball. You're so super crafty! God's blessings, Sarah :D

    ReplyDelete