Monday, November 16, 2009

the first real step

so, charlie and i are taking the first REAL step onto the adoption path.
research done and choices made, i've talked with the worker at lifeline and we decided to do a few checks before we even send in our application.
just to check where we stand in everything.

the ukraine worker mailed out the forms last week. we received them thursday and i mailed them back to her today. she said it would take 2 or 3 weeks to get the information back. so now we wait.

this one form, if it comes back with a negative response, kills our adoption journey flat.
if it comes back clean and positive, we will continue on as best we can.

However, i'm really unsure if the ukraine is really the country for us. I'll have to wait and see what the new year brings in changes to their program. I really don't like what i learning about their current program. ( they're seriously pushing older and severe special needs children while refusing dossiers of families requesting younger healthy children. just refusing the dossier. sigh.)

i guess it's out of my hands. It's always been out of my hands. I just feel like now i've taken the first step of faith. Here you go God. Take the reins. It's up to you.

<3

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited that ya'll are starting to make some real progress. God has great plans for you and any child lucky enough to call you Mama! I'm keeping you in my prayers sweet friend!!! God's blessings, Sarah :D

    ReplyDelete